Sunday, October 21, 2012

Rock City

This weekend I biked up Mt. Diablo.  We started at 200 feet and climbed to 3,848 feet.  I wasn't sure I could do it, having never done such a steep climb.  It was such a fun ride and I had absolutely no problem doing it and in fact, I think I could have gone faster!  

Photobucket

Ben and the kids met me up at the top with lunch and we headed to Rock City which is right inside the park.  It's a place that I have been wanting to hit and I am so glad we did.  I think it is our new favorite place to go.

Photobucket

It was a rock playground where we could climb anywhere we wanted to.

Photobucket

There were also so many nooks and crannies for the kids to climb into.

Photobucket

Xander was so excited at first and couldn't stop moving from one place to the next.

Photobucket

Zoey and CJ loved finding the little places to hid in. And Zoey loved sliding down the rocks like they were slides.

Photobucket

Mia was the adventurous one, climbing up the highest rocks.  She went from one giant rock to the next.  Always wanting to climb to the highest points.

Photobucket

This is what Xander and Zoey's bottoms looked like after!  They slid down so many rocks that it tore their pants!  We can't wait to go again!

1 comment:

Abby Watson said...

This looks like so much fun!!! Those holes in their pants are funny :).