Monday, June 2, 2008

That's a Wrap!


Ben and I went to his work party this weekend. It's called a "Wrap Party" where they celebrate the completion of their film. It was a formal event held at the Masonic Temple in San Francisco. Ben wore a comfy Sunday suit, while I squeezed in one of two formals I own. The last time I wore it, was 4 or 5 years ago before I had any babies and I was 15 lbs. lighter. The other formal dress I own, I call it my "fat dress", which is self explanatory. I was not about to wear the "fat dress" because I have been running like a maniac (20 miles last week) and I WAS GOING TO FIT IN IT!

We arrived at the place and were ushered into a giant theatre, but not before we received some yummy movie snacks like popcorn, vegetables, and a sucker all vacuumed packed in a foil, space-looking bag. Pix-Toons sang funny songs to us to the tune of Star Wars followed by speeches from the producers and director of WALL-E. I felt like I was at the Oscars and someone was giving their acceptance speech. I was about to fall asleep when the director busted out with song and rocked out with the band singing a "Thank you" to the WALL-E crew. Now that's entertainment.

WALL-E was an amazing movie. Tears were shed and they weren't mine, shouts were heard, and not one person got up from their seat when the movie ended. Everyone waited for the credits to come and again, shouts and clapping. It was awesome and I couldn't help but think, next year, it will be Ben's and the "UP" crews time to shine.

It was a huge celebration complete with endless food, music and dancing. We also got our pictures taken with the stars of the movie. I made out with WALL-E while Ben watched. I just had to plant one on him. He was so cute in the movie. I gave him my number, but I don't know if he will call. Don't tell Ben, he's the jealous type.


We brought the kids home some blow up aliens that they had sitting in the seats of the auditorium later in the evening. Mia and CJ love them. Mia is actually watching a movie with her "elien" while holding it's hand. CJ sleeps with hers even though he is almost as big as her. Xander just beats the tar out of his.

FUNNY THOUGHTS by our KIDS

Mia-In primary they asked the kids,"What do your parents do for you?" The kids replied with answers like, they feed us, they take care of us etc. Mia raises her hand and says, "My Dad plays video games". They reply, "Oh,your Dad plays video games with you." Mia says, "No, he plays by himself."

In Ben's defense. . .


CJ-"I feel weird when I ask Xander if he is having fun playing with his balls. It just doesn't sound right."

Xander-When asked if he was a Republican or Democrat, Xander said he was a "Democrat", loud and clear. Now we have 2 Democrats in the family!

7 comments:

Andy Porter said...

That is such a cute picture of you and Ben. You look great in your dress. That would be fun to dress up for something. I don't know if I'll have any dress up moments anymore. Maybe we should have a Porter family ball or something.

Andy Porter said...

ohh, and that comment of CJ's makes me laugh. The other day India was playing with some bouncy balls. She was putting them in her mouth and then shooting them into a cup. The next thing I hear is Jesse saying,"India, stop sucking on my balls!!" It was pretty funny. Probably not something I'll write in his journal though:)

Valerie said...

I am still trying to get myself under control after reading your comment. You should warn people before you put something so funny,like, "Warning, you may pee your pants."

Ben Porter said...

I am NOT a Democrat! I just don't like Emperor Bush and his Imperial "Storm-Troopers" (that's what i call the Republican Party as it is right now). Hey the Nazis had stormtroopers too - and they were fascist too. I just made the connection to my own joke - it's better than I thought!

Abby Marie said...

Like father like son Ben.

Russell said...

If I ever set up an imperialist dictatorial regime, I'm not going to let my storm troopers wear helmets that hide their faces and their clothing will be individually tailored so it'll be easier to spot impostors trying to rescue the princess.

Russell said...

I just wanted to say that since this blog, balls have become Betsy's default joke. If I had a nickel for every time she's made a face and said something about Porter's balls or Reid's balls, I'd go get a haircut.