Friday, June 13, 2008

Michigan


Xander and I visited my family in Michigan because my little brother was getting married. This is Xander's second plane ride and he is not even two yet. The "real" first time I ever went on a plane was when I was 18 and going to college. I say "real" because I did fly to the United States when I was adopted, but it shouldn't count because I can't remember it. CJ's been at least 5 times and she is only 9. Man are our kids spoiled!

Michigan is great for several reasons:
1.Home of the Stanley Cup winners-the Red Wings
2. Mmmmm Vernors, my favorite ginger-ale drink
3. And, what other state can you use your hand for a map?

Rylie is my only niece on my side of the family and is around the same age as Xander. The two were like two peas in a pod, holding hands, giggling, and running around the house together. We went to the Toledo Zoo one day with my brother, his wife and Rylie and the kids had a blast together. My sister in law and I both agree that mix babies are beautiful. Rylie is 1/2 Korean, 1/4 Mexican and 1/4 White. Xander is 1/2 Korean, 1/2 White, 1/4 Democrat.

My parents have oodles of animal statues throughout their yard. Xander had to have a walk through the yard each day as if he were taking a stroll through a museum.

At the wedding, Xander just happened to match the men in the wedding party. The photographer couldn't stop taking pictures of him. I think I may actually be in some because I was with Xander. I guess it pays having an adorable little boy. If you are wondering what he is holding in his hands, they are collection envelopes. Xander went around the Catholic church collecting the envelopes from all the pews.

Here's a couple of pictures of ALL the Asians (plus one white girl) in Michigan.


Stay tuned for a post of Ben and the girls.

3 comments:

Liz and Dave said...

Looks like xander was the show of the trip. Cute of the two little ones. glad you had a fun trip to Michigan.

Kendra said...

Val, I have a redhead Xander could marry. Imagine what a description you could give of their kids... hmm... come to think of it, I think she's a democrat too.

Valerie said...

Kendra, Arranged marriages have worked out for some. I say, let's give it a try!