Saturday, July 18, 2009

Ben's week home, Hawaiian Camp & Motorama

BEN'S WEEK HOME

Photobucket

Ben was able to take off work for a week after Zoey was born. The kids had so much fun with him. They went to the zoo, park, had slurpees, candy, Burger King, watched more TV than I would let them, went to lots of stores and did painting projects. Ben even got a makeover from Mia, which I wished I had gotten a picture of it. I'm surprised the kids still like me after their week with their Dad.

Photobucket

Ben was a huge help to me and I'm glad he had some time off to spend with us, although, I told him that we save more money when he goes to work!


HAWAIIAN CAMP

Photobucket

CJ went to Hawaiian camp with a few girls from the ward. They learned about the culture, ate some Hawaiian food, learned some dances, and some Hawaiian words. On the last day, they had a performance of the dances that they learned. CJ looked so pretty and very Hawaiian!

Photobucket

MOTORAMA

Photobucket

Yesterday was Pixar's annual Motorama. Every year the employees get to show off their vintage cars and celebrate with a huge BBQ and listen to a live band perform. Jay Leno even had a car there but we didn't find it.

Photobucket

They also had this thing. I say "thing" because I really don't know what it is or its purpose. It is a metal snail that blows fire out of its antennaes. I think every party should feature a fire blowing snail, don't you?

Photobucket

The kids had fun climbing in and out of the fire trucks and eating icecream. I had fun getting out of the house, as this was my first attempt getting all four kids to a destination on my own. I was constantly counting my kids to make sure I had everyone and I couldn't figure out our new stroller but other than that, I think I did okay.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Andy Porter said...

I'm so glad Ben got to take some time off to help you out with the kids! That's sooo nice. It sounds like he did so many fun things with the kids. I'm sure they loved having him home! CJ looks beautiful in her dress and I don't even know how to comment on that really cool metal car thing-a-ma-jig. Good job getting all 4 kids out there though! Livy got her card in the mail today from you guys. Thanks so much!! She loved wearing all of her tattoos! You rock!

SanniD said...

Good for you that you are still taking pictures of your family right after giving birth! I hope that I will have 4 kids someday, but I'm wondering if I'll ever be that brave. Three is too many for me at the moment...sigh. Ben seems like a great dad, but nobody can top having you as a mom...and I know I'm right about that.