Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Zoey's Journey

Here are some more details for anyone who is interested. I'll try to keep it short and include lots of pictures.

I started having contractions at 8:30 p.m. Friday night. We left for the hospital around 4:30 a.m. on the 4th. When they checked me at the hospital I was dilated to a 5 and my contractions were coming every 3 to 5 minutes. Zoey was born at 8:56 a.m. with just 3 pushes. Yes, they always tell me that I was made to have babies.

When Zoey came out, they immediately handed her over to me even before they cut the cord. They also let us hang out in the room for a couple of hours and didn't rush us. I kinda liked that.

Zoey has a bruised face because she was so big or because she is part smurf. This picture makes it look worse than it really was, but you can see her weight clear as day!

Photobucket

I didn't need any pain medication afterwards. You would think with a 10 lb baby I would need something!

Photobucket

Here is the real picture that Ben photoshopped from the last entry. He tricked alot of people.

Photobucket

I can't believe he even tricked his Dad!

Photobucket

My friend brought the kids over to the hospital. Mia and CJ held Zoey but Xander was too scared. He didn't want to touch her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

When we got home he gathered a little more courage and decided that he really likes her.

Photobucket

So I think Mia is the most interested in everything about Zoey and what is happening all around her. Her first reaction when she saw Zoey's little toes was, "How do you paint those?" She was really concerned.

She saw me breastfeeding Zoey and was so curious as to where Zoey was eating from. When I explained to her she says, "I have nipples. Can she suck on me?"

Photobucket

CJ tells me, "I'm so glad you had Zoey. She is SO cute!" Zoey will definitely be loved in this family.

Photobucket

I have to post this picture because Zoey looks huge for a newborn in her carseat. When we were at the hospital loading her in the carseat we had to adjust it to the next level up.

Photobucket


We love this little girl!

8 comments:

Lora said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Zoey is probably WAY more enjoyable out than in! She is sooo adorable Valerie, and I can't wait to meet her. She honestly has the best parents in the world!

OK, I am glad that you explained that the first picture that you posted was photo-shopped. I saw it while I was in Oregon, and I kind of sat there scratching my head, wondering how Zoey's head could be larger than Ben's. I am so gullible! I didn't want to say anything at first....I mean, this is my friend's baby...adorable, but looking HUGE. I sat there trying to figure out if this was a bad camera angle, if you wrapped Zoey up a thousand times, making her appear larger--but I couldn't wrap my head around her head.

Then I told Jake to look at the picture, then I had my whole family weighing in on the matter. Jake said, you know Ben totally photo-shopped that picture. It never occurred to me.I just kept trying to rationalize the size of her in that picture with Ben. Yes, I am that lame. He got me! Honestly.I can't even believe I am admitting this to you.

Anyways. She is beautiful. You did a great job Valerie!!! I am going to call you today.

SanniD said...

Awww! So adorable. I love newborn babies! Congratulations and great job! You have me beat....my biggest was 10 lbs. 4 oz. and he's still a really big kid. I understand the car seat thing. I loved the photo-shopped gag...it was hilarious!

Abby Marie said...

I love that she is Asian. She looks like a little sumo wrestler. I wish I could hold her!!!

Alisha Stamper said...

Congratulations, Porters! Todd and I are so happy for you. We loved the photoshop gag! Jonah (dave's) always asks about me nursing wallace, so I bet it is kinda fun (and slightly awkward sometimes? maybe that is just when it is someone else's child?) to explain that. So, congrats again! You rock, mama!

Sarah said...

That picture of her blue face looks freaky! I love her great cheeks and wish I could hold her.

Betsy said...

Oh, yeah, you can milk anything with nipples.

Betsy said...

Is the picture of CJ holding her photoshopped too? Because their heads look the same size.
--Russell

Valerie said...

Nope. That's Zoey's real head.