Saturday, November 8, 2008

"I survived Super Saturday. . ."

Photobucket

I'd like to make myself a t-shirt with the words, "I survived Super Saturday." For those of you who have ever been involved in planning one of those, you would probably give me a hug, upon seeing my t-shirt and maybe a huge chocolate bar. For those of you who have no idea what "Super Saturday" is would comment, "When was Super Saturday and is it a holiday?"

I have been Enrichment Leader(organize activities for the women at my church) many times, but never have I organized a "Super Saturday" before! We offered 7 projects with one project having 4 different sewing projects included. We also had one class about digital scrapbooking where the presenter taught the ladies how to do it step by step using a laptop and projector. I mention the words, "laptop" and "projector", just for the men. I wanted to show off that women can work those expensive metal things too!
Photobucket
It was a lot of work, but everyone who came loved it. I didn't feel stress at all because I had great people who helped me out. Actually, I probably felt some stress because I can feel a cold sore coming on, but really, I didn't even notice.

The minute I came home from the long day, I immediately plopped on my bed and talked Ben's ear off (he's got another one, you know). Then, I had this fabulous idea of taking a bath! Normally, our bathtubs are big enough to fit midgits or my kids. Since moving, we have a luxury tub, big enough for a grown human like me! It was heaven. Ahhhhh!

4 comments:

Liz and Dave said...

You deserve the bath... Hey we just had our Super Saturday last week. I am on the commitee. I am the assisntant leader... So, I went to many meetings and so forth to plan it all out too.. I am gald you had a good turn out.

Kathy said...

You are more than totally awesome....you are SUPER SATURDAY WOMAN. Way to go. Wish I could have gone. Love you

Andy Porter said...

The projects look wonderful. Congratulations on completing Super Saturday without losing your mind. We had a super dooper fun B-day party for Russell last night and today I am really coveting your big person bathtub. My body is aching!! I wish you and your one-eared husband could have been there with us!

Hannah said...

Such cute stuff! yeah, I'm glad for people like you that do all the ideas and planning so I can just come a play and make stuff.