Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth of July Baby

We celebrated Zoey's birthday with a bang! First, we watched fireworks with a bunch of friends the night before. We haven't seen fireworks on the fourth of July it seems like forever. I thought Zoey would freak out with the loud noises, but she was great. I think mostly because of the loud noises and music before the show. She was already used to it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then on Sunday, we invited people over for a BBQ in Zoey's honor. Let me tell you how easy it was to think of things to get and make. It's pretty easy when there are decorations for the Fourth everywhere.

Photobucket

Here's the cake. CJ said, "Are there 80 stars on the flag?" So, okay, I got carried away with the tiny stars. One of my friends asked me if I got this cake at Costco. Turns out, Costco and I had the same idea. I'm sure mine was cuter.

Photobucket

I think Zoey was confused when everyone started singing to her, but that didn't matter when she was handed a cake all to herself.

Photobucket


Photobucket

There was no confusion there as she immediately dug into her cake. She is the first of the kids that I can remember going to town. The others would just poke at it and stick there finger in.
Photobucket

Photobucket



She got so many cute things for her birthday. Thank you everyone! One of my friends made her a homemade tutu. I can't tell you how excited I am to take pictures of her in it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Birthday Zoey!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Andy Porter said...

I totally forgot she was born on the 4th!! What a fun b-day. I love your cake. I didn't see Costco's version, but I'm sure yours kicks it's trash.

All of my kids gathered around the computer and were oohing and aahhing at how cute she looks eating cake!

Happy b-day sweet little Zoey!

Coretta from Confetti said...

the second one of Zoey being handed her cake totally looks like a picture from a magazine. Bless the little gal!