Friday, February 26, 2010

Year of the Hike

Last year, it was "Year of Discoveries". We checked out lots of fun new places. This year it is "Year of the Hike". We are going to try to do a hike every month. Yosemite is on our list this year. Where we live there are little trails everywhere. We went on a short hike this past weekend with some new friends that we made.
Photobucket
We found this hike around the same time we moved here. We were just driving around exploring the area and found a really cool park and beyond the park, a small trail that led into the hills.
Photobucket

There are cows grazing everywhere and they were actually on the trail when we first began the hike. We picked a rather cold day to go. I guess cold compared to the 68 degree weather we had during the week.

Photobucket

It was a short hike 1 mile each way. We want to ease our kids into the hiking bit. We also need to invest in one of those baby backpack carriers. Miss Zoey, a healthy chunk, will not be fitting into her baby bjorn much longer.

Photobucket

The view was spectacular, and the kids did pretty good. They complained mostly about how cold it was, not about how long it was, so that's a good thing. I think one of the fun parts of the hike was watching out for the horse poo along the way. It was almost a game. I guess a stinky game.

Photobucket

Fun, fun, fun! I can't wait to see what's next on our list. I hear there is a cool hike to some waterfalls on Mt. Diablo. By the way, this comment is for Ben's family. We found out where to get to the free side of Mt. Diablo. I wonder if it's better over there?

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lora said...

Don't you just love those rolling hills that are in that area.....and you live there!!! Hopefully us soon as well. Hey, would you ever be interested in taking pictures of the Mt. Diablo valley area for me. Pictures of those beautiful rolling hills and those trees? I would love to give some pictures to Jake for Father's Day, or our 10th Anniversary in December. I would obviously pay whatever price--I WANT to pay the new prices you are charging for your photography work. No exceptions. Jake just loves that area where he grew up and I would love to able to have some beautiful pictures of those hills in my house. Tell me what you think.

Loved the post!

Abby Watson said...

you guys live in such a beautiful PLACE!! We're excited to see you all in june!