Saturday, May 7, 2011

Year of the Beaches

We had a wonderful Spring Break and a wonderful way to kick off our "Year of the Beaches". We have had the "Year of Discoveries" and the "Year of the Hike". Both, very good and adventurous years.

This year we are hitting the beaches. We went to Point Reyes on one of the days Ben had off during Spring Break. He had taken some days off to go with the Priest on a High Adventure and had an extra day. We snagged that one up in a heartbeat!

Here is a beautiful view. You can check my other blog out for more pictures.
Photobucket

We hiked to the lighthouse, which happened to be closed on the day we went, but enjoyed the scenery nonetheless. We also hit Drakes beach.

Photobucket

Zoey was afraid of the waves which worked for us. She played in the sand and stayed next to me. Usually, Zoey is drawn to the water. I think she maybe part mermaid.
Photobucket

The bigger kids had a blast playing in the sand and chasing the waves.
Photobucket

We all wrote our names in the sand and CJ had to write her and the boy she has a crush on in a heart in the sand. Ben wrote "gross" underneath!
Photobucket

I love the shacks that people build out of wood. It became the kids' playhouse. I also asked Ben to take a picture of me. I'm beginning to think I need to document that I was there too.
Photobucket

If that wasn't enough, the next day, I took the kids to Capitola Beach. We went with some friends which always makes an outing more fun!

Photobucket

This time,the waves didn't scare Zoey away. There was this stream of water that flowed out to the main body of water. I was had to constantly stay by her. Even though the water wasn't deep, there was a little current that would knock her over. I would try to get her to play in the sand and she would fight me so hard. Finally, I just gave in and let her play in the water and stood by her to make sure she didn't fall in.

Photobucket

My friends helped me out and gave me a break which was relieving. This age is so exhausting for me! We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the beautiful California weather!

Photobucket

Later that week, we went with a friend and her kids and hiked around Lafayette Reservoir. We only had one casualty. Mia feel down and got a pretty good gash on her knee. She was a trooper and made it through the rest of the hike.

Photobucket

Can't wait to hit some more beaches this summer!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

This looks so fun!! I am so jealous! We just FINALLY got a couple of nice weather days here. I love your hair, Val. And that's hilarious about CJ and the 'gross'.

Abby Watson said...

Beaches are the best. I love the mountains but I wish we could have mountains and beaches.