Friday, September 12, 2008

4th School, 4th Grade!

Photobucket
CJ and Ben are similar in many ways, to the way they learn, their attention span, to their interests and now, how many elementary schools they have gone to.

CJ is in fourth grade and is at her fourth school. Let me tell you how amazing this girl is. I hung around the first day of school worried enough for the both of us,hoping that she would make new friends easily. CJ had no worries and as I watched her leave with her new class and new teacher, I could see that I shouldn't be worried either.

She has her first male teacher and I am thrilled. My favorite elementary teacher just happened to be a man. There aren't enough men in Education! I am impressed with him already. CJ had a problems with a girl being mean to her and she told her teacher. His reply was, "You are a nice and smart girl. Don't let her bother you." Something to that effect. Anyways, he just seems really nice and I couldn't be happier. CJ came home the first day telling me about all of her new friends.

CJ is blossoming into a beautiful girl. She has really gotten into doing her hair, wearing accessories, and paying attention to what clothes she wears. I had just bought CJ clothes and a week later she says, "Mom when are you going to buy me MORE clothes?" I told her, "When I buy myself some", which I knew was safe to say because. . . it'll be at least a year before her wish comes true!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

This comment is for CJ...
CJ,
We miss you! I am so glad to hear that you are doing well in your new school. I can't believe you are in fourth grade! I can remember when you were born. Good job being such a tough girl. You are so fun and cute I'm sure you have all kinds of friends. I can't wait to see you soon!
Hannah

Andy Porter said...

I'm glad that she is doing so well and easily adjusts to change. I would be so nervous for my kids if they had to switch schools. I love that picture of her. What a beautiful girl. Are you guys coming for a visit? Or is Hannah coming to see you? Just wondering if she had a specific time frame when she said she can't wait to see you soon.

Valerie said...

Hopefully we will be able to come for Christmas but it all depends on money and Ben's time off.

Sarah said...

CJ is beautiful!

Eszter said...

Hi Ben and Val,

It's Eszter, kornelia's sister. I found your blog on hers and she said that she ahs been in touch with you. Ben served his mission in Hungary, that's how I know him.
It's lovely to come across someone from quite a long time before, he is such a great chap. I live in England and have a family of my own. Our blog is richardson-uk.blogspot.com if you'd like to have a look.

I had a look at your blog, and your kids are abslouteley gorgeous.And your blog is very funny.

Anyway, it is lovely to 'see' you both!

My regards,

Eszter