Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sew. . .what do you think?

My mother is an awesome seamstress. When we were younger she would make us clothes. I remember her making these matching skirts for the girls. When I grew out of mine I thought, "Yahoo, goodbye skirt!" -only to be given my older sisters skirt and the life of those skirts doubled.

I don't think I appreciated what my mom did for me as much when I was younger. Now that I look back, I wished I would have asked her to teach me how to sew and make things. My sewing skills aren't the best, they are rather sloppy because I really am impatient and don't take the time to do it right.

Here are a few of my sloppy creations. They look okay from afar, just don't look close up!

APRONS




CURTAINS



SLIP COVER FOR KID"S COUCH
Before. . .

After. . .


Alameda hasn't had a Super Saturday in years and I thought it would be fun to do one (yeah, "fun" isn't quite the perfect word to use for the person planning it!) and I put together a blog for the sisters. It is not completely up and running, but you can check it out at:
http://alamedasupersaturday.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Zaehringers said...

I think you did a great job on the aprons. I know how you feel though...I wish I had asked my mother to teach me how to sew as well.

Sarah said...

I think you do awesome!

Andy Porter said...

I was just thinking yesterday that it would be fun to make aprons for my kids. I'm sure they wouldn't look as cute as yours though. I love all you cute ideas for super saturday. That's a good idea to set up a blog for them to order from. Good luck! I hope it doesn't overwhelm you too much!
~Andy

Kathy said...

You are so awesome Val. I'm very impressed. You remind me of me. (Glub! Who wants to be like their Mother-in -law!)I taught myself to sew just trying to have nice things in my house, and dress my kids.
Wait...I'm not saying I"M awesome, just you.

Valerie said...

Kathy, your wrong-you are way awesome and I want to be like you when I grow up!

Maxmomma said...

Those creations are SO IMPRESSIVE! I am totally intimidated over here... I couldn't really sew to save my life. I try, but alas...

The kids look great- I love seeing your blog.