Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Losing it

Things I've lost over the years. . .

My dad's hammer in Milan, Michigan at my sixth grade fossil hunt, my senior class ring, 20 lbs. after I married Ben, my citizenship papers, my favorite bathing suit at the pool, my phone everyday. . .

And most recently. . .my mind.

I can say that I am a pretty happy person 99 % of the time. The other 1 % of the time I'm going crazy. I've decided that lack of sleep and exhaustion are to blame. Today I tried to take a nap when the two little ones were napping and was interrupted several times for one thing or another. Needless to say, Crazy Mom resurfaced. She's been absent since Zoey was born and I thought she was gone for good.

I hate when I get that way and I feel so bad and awful. CJ, my thoughtful daughter, got the little kids together and made me happy cards. I love her and how she observes situations and sees how she can make them better. Mia's facial expression is because of the flash and Xander's because that's just how he smiles for pictures these days.

Photobucket

Thank goodness for kids with a forgiving heart.

Photobucket

I've decided that I need to look at what I have gained. . .

Most recently. . .this little chunk who is wearing 3 month old clothes in this picture. She's 6 weeks old and as cute as can be.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Andy Porter said...

Your kids are so sweet. I wish I could say that crazy mom only surfaced 1% of the time in this house. I'm impressed! Hang in there...sleep will come again someday...I promise:) Zoey is adorable!

Betsy said...

I know the feeling--though "crazy" is a nicer word than what I am some days.

Valerie said...

I think I was too kind putting only 1% crazy. For the record, it's probably between 10-20% of the time.

Maxmomma said...

Bless you Val! These days of sleep deprivation are SO HARD! I hope they end soon and that you are forgiving of yourself and remember the amazing thing you are pulling off by raising four kids (including a 6 week old) in the summer, alone, and without sleep or help! (The teacher in me squirms at that terribly long run-on sentence. Breaks so many grammatical rules- but, hey, it is summer!)

What sweet kids you have- says a lot about how they've been raised. You're a great mom, Val. Many long nights to you soon!